Real Estate Incentives
- Potential incentives to make space lease free for up to 2 years
- Potential to flex into space which reduces lease payments
- Potential site preparation cash if you would prefer to build your own facility
- Property tax abatement which last up to 10 years
- Up to 6% payroll rebate for up to 10 years
- Cash provided to you to move or finance equipment
- Forgivable loans at lower interest rates than traditional bank financing
- Equity investment potential
- Cash to install and rig production lines
- State corporate income tax credits
- Workforce training incentives designed to help you recruit, screen, and train labor
Electric Power Incentives
- AEP – SWEPCO has an incentive with the maximum benefit of a 3-year demand charge reduction of 40% in year 1, 30% in year 2, and 20% in year 3 for projects over 1MW and that create more than 31 jobs.
- Provides up to a 30% tax credit on qualified research expenditures incurred in Louisiana — with no cap and no minimum requirement.
Digital Media & Software
The strongest of its kind in the nation — is helping innovative digital media and software development companies of all sizes gain a competitive edge
- Provides a 25% tax credit on qualified payroll for in-state labor and 18% for qualified production expenditures.
- No cap and no minimum requirement.
- Tax credit can be applied to state income tax liability and the state will refund any overages OR applicants can opt for 85% of the value earned as a rebate any time during the year.